Peachy Canyon Winery
Open daily 10am-5:30pm
The Peachy Canyon "Old School House" tasting room, located in the heart of Paso Robles' wine country on Highway 46 West, remains a landmark attraction. Formerly the site of the Old Bethel School House (circa 1886), the property offers a quaint tasting area and fine gift shop, an old-fashioned gazebo, and a park-like visitors' picnic area bordered by rolling vineyards and native oak trees.
Family owned Peachy Canyon Winery in Paso Robles is best known for their everyday drinking Zinfandels like their Incredible Red and Westside Zin, both reasonably priced and widely available, showing the quintessential Zinfandel from this region—but that is only half the story of Peachy Canyon.
What Peachy Canyon Winery is less known for is the other half of their wine production, namely producing a diversity of small production, super-premium wines ranging from vineyard designated Zinfandel to Cabernet Sauvignon, Bordeaux blends, and both red and white Rhône varieties including Grenache Blanc—a white wine that is carving out an impressive niche in Paso Robles. Because they make only small batches of these wines, they are not widely distributed and are harder to find, not to mention highly coveted. These include their 2011 Para Siempre—a Bordeaux blend that scored 91 points from Wine Enthusiast Magazine. Their 2011 DeVine Cabernet Sauvignon received a 90-point score, their 2012 Snow Zinfandel (an estate vineyard designated wine) scored 92 points, and their Bailey Zinfandel racked up an impressive 93 point score—all from Wine Enthusiast.
But what do all these scores really mean? Just that wine professionals have uniformly agreed to the quality of Peachy Canyon wines. This is no surprise as Peachy Canyon is dedicated to crafting excellent wines by hand, using only local fruit from their estate vineyards and local grapes from growers they know and trust. Plus, they have been crafting wines since 1988, making them one of the elders of Paso Robles wine country—so stop by and taste success in a glass!
• Nine Zinfandels, many of which have won awards...
-Bailey Zinfandel, 93 pts Wine Enthusiast
-Snow Zinfandel, 92 pts Wine Enthusiast & Gold in SF Chronicle Wine Competition Gold
-Vortex Zinfandel, Gold in SF Chronicle Wine Competition
-2011 Zinfndels, every Zinfnadel was awarded 90pts+
• Cabernet Sauvignon: DeVine Cab, 90 pts; Old Schoolhouse Reserve Cabernet, small production and aged for 36 months.
• Bordeaux Blend: Para Siempre is a classic Bordeaux style wine, awarded Gold in the Chronicle Competition and 91pts by Wine Enthusiast.
• Caladoc/Marsalan Blend: Sin Nombre—meaning ‘nameless’—is called as much because Caladoc is a still unrecognized grape varietal in the US.
• Red Blend: Cirque du Vin—a blend of Merlot, Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cab Franc, Zinfandel and Petite Sirah—95pts and 2014 CA State Wine Competition.
• GSM, Cabernet/Syrah Blend, Malbec, Merlot, Syrah, Petite Sirah, Viognier, Grenache Blanc, Chardonnay, Dry Rosé and Zinfandel port-style dessert wine