Santa Barbara Vintners Celebrate Harvest Weekend
Premiere Screening of Somm 3 October 12-14
The Santa Barbara Vintners and Solvang Conference & Visitors Bureau are happy to present the premiere screening of SOMM 3 in Santa Barbara County during Celebration of Harvest Weekend. With harvest in full swing, October 12-14, 2018 is officially designated “Celebration of Harvest Weekend,” three days of special wine and food events taking place throughout Santa Barbara Wine Country.
A highlight of the Celebration of Harvest weekend is the first public premiere of SOMM 3, the latest addition to the successful SOMM film franchise. This premiere will take place on Saturday, October 13th at 8 p.m. under the stars, in the Solvang Festival Theater, 420 Second Street, Solvang. After the film screening, a Q&A will follow with cast members and Producer Jackson Myers. Net proceeds from this event will benefit the Santa Barbara Vintners.
SOMM 3 is the highly anticipated follow-up to the influential films SOMM and its sequel SOMM: Into the Bottle. Like the previous two films, SOMM 3 has unprecedented access to the highest levels of the wine world.
While three of the greatest legends of wine meet in Paris to drink the rarest bottles of their careers, the best blind tasters in the world gather in New York City to settle an age-old argument about wine. In the end, the past and present slam into each other and the results could change the world of wine forever. The all-star cast includes some of the wine world’s most respected figures including Steven Spurrier, the man responsible for staging the 1976 “Judgment of Paris,” wine critic Jancis Robinson MW, renowned Master Sommelier Fred Dame, as well as Santa Barbara County’s own Rajat Parr, Partner/Proprietor of Sandhi and Domaine de la Côte.Friday, October 12th
• Lions Peak Tasting Room Open House: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. with futures tasting and complimentary appetizers at 1659 Copenhagen Drive, Solvang, CA 93463, (open all weekend).
• Foxen Vineyard & Winery will have special harvest wine flight tastings from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. All weekend long they will have special library wine flights open for tasting at both the 7600 Foxen Canyon Road tasting room and 7200 “The Shack.”
• Presqu’ile Winery: Four vintage vertical (2010-2013) of their ultra-rare Rim Rock Vineyard Pinot Noir from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. all weekend. Located at 5391 Presquile Dr., Santa Maria, CA 93455, this tiny two-acre Pinot planting, grown in rocky shale just a few miles from the ocean in Nipomo, has gone exclusively to Presqu’ile since 2009, and makes for incredibly well-structured, ageworthy wine. There will be Live Music from Kenny Taylor, 4-6 p.m.
Saturday, October 13th
• Solvang Grape Stomp Festival, 2–5 p.m.: a harvest street festival in downtown Solvang complete with a traditional grape stomp where participants can taste from dozens of area wineries, dance to two live bands, drink pink in the “I Love Rosé Lounge” and purchase food from popular area eateries. Tickets are$7 per person ($100/VIP tickets for early admission) and include entry to the festival, opportunity to stomp grapes, a glass for wine tasting and souvenir. Discover your inner Lucy or Ricky Ricardo and enter the I Love Lucy look-a-like contest.
• A Harvest Lunch with winemaker Justin Willet at Tyler Winery 300 N. 12th St. #4A, Lompoc, CA 93436. Catered by the hot new restaurant, Bell’s of Los Alamos. They will start the morning off with a welcome reception and special three-year vertical tasting of the single vineyards La Rinconada Chardonnay and Bentrock Pinot Noir followed by seasonally inspired lunch and wines from their current release. Seats are very limited; 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., (includes a welcome reception, wine tasting and lunch), $75 per person. RSVP to email@example.com.
• Lions Peak 1-5 p.m. (1-2 VIP only) Lions Peak will be sharing their award-winning wines at the Solvang Stomp along with locally prepared food and traditional grape stomp. Dance the afternoon away to live music and drink pink in the Rosé Lounge from 5-8 p.m. Join them at their tasting room in Solvang for a catered menu that the winemaker and sommelier has put together of their new releases and the futures that are to be bottled in December and late winter. Enjoy the music of Loren Radis. The event is complimentary to ticket holders from the grape stomp and wine club members with two of their guests; otherwise the event fee is $25 per person.
• A Master Sommelier Dinner with Will Costello at Bien Nacido & Solomon Hills Estates, $125per person
• Winemaker Dinner with Wes Hagen and J.Wilkes at Root 246
• Join Winemakers Greg Brewer, Lane Tanner and Dick Doré
5 p.m. to 9 p.m in a food pairing dinner with library Pinots from Santa Barbara County at Pico at The Los Alamos General Store,
458 Bell Street, Los Alamos, CA 93440, by reservation only at
$125 per person.
• Join Lucas & Lewellen in a Winemaker Dinner with Megan McGrath Gates at Petros Kafe Solvang, 487 Atterdag Rd, Solvang; 6:30pm, $100 per person. Only 30 seats available phone the tasting room at (805) 686-9336.
• Bien Nacido & Solomon Hills Estates, Master Sommelier Dinner with Will Costello at The Ballard Inn & Gathering Table, 2436 Baseline Ave, Ballard, CA 93463; 6 p.m. $125 per person
• SOMM III Premiere at Solvang Festival Theater – Tickets for the SOMM 3 premiere are $25 and will be available online. For guests who attend Solvang Stomp earlier that Saturday, there is a $5 discount for the movie premiere tickets when purchased as a package. Located at 420 2nd St, Solvang, CA 93463; 8 p.m.
Sunday, October 14th
• Foxen Vineyard & Winery All weekend they will have special library wine flights open for tasting at both their 7600 Foxen Canyon Road tasting room and 7200 “The Shack.” in Santa Maria from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. The Clark St. Flyers will play from 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. Mex Tacos Catering will be serving delicious food.
• Presqu’ile Winery continued four vintage vertical (2010-2013) of their ultra-rare Rim Rock Vineyard Pinot Noir. At 5391 Presquile Dr, Santa Maria, CA 93455; 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Lions Peak 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Open House at their Tasting Room and Hospitality Center in Solvang. Pouring their new releases and tasting their futures! Complimentary appetizers. Experience one of their many flights whether it be a wine and cheese, chocolate truffles or just a wine flight. Wine by the glass, case and bottle specials are selected for the event! At 1659 Copenhagen Drive, Solvang, CA 93463
• Riverbench Vineyard & Winery 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Live Music by Kimber Springs and Jess Jones
Bring a picnic, enjoy some wine and kick back while listening to the music in our garden. Friendly reminder...BYOB: Bring Your Own Blanket. Seating may be limited. Please note: Only original lyrics and music by Kimber & Jess will be performed. Outside beverages containing alcohol are not permitted by law; 6020 Foxen Canyon Rd, Santa Maria, CA 93454