Rutherford Ranch Winery
Located right in the heart of the Napa Valley, Rutherford Ranch Winery is a wonderful place to visit. It’s a place where you may relax, sip some delicious wines, stroll through a 100-year-old olive grove, enjoy charcuterie, cheese, chocolate pairings as well as a boxed lunch (with 72 hours notice) and shake up a little Rutherford dust (The above quote is from world-famous winemaker, André Tchelistcheff to describe a particular flavor aspect of the phenomenal Cabernet Sauvignons that come from that neighborhood.)
Relax and Stay a While…
The grounds surrounding the tasting room and winery are absolutely gorgeous! Minimal, water-efficient native landscaping is shaded by ancient oak trees, a creek borders one side of the patio/picnic area and modern picnic tables and chairs are spread about, shaded by the oak trees and festive red market umbrellas. You will want to buy a glass or bottle of wine, opt for the cheese or charcuterie board (or even a boxed lunch from Bouchon!) to enjoy with your wine, kick off your shoes, relax and stay a while. It’s just that kind of place.
Come In and Check Out the Art!
The tasting room experience is just as nice inside as outside! Along the back side of the tasting room, a wall of café windows lets in the beautiful Napa Valley sunshine, a large, colorful display of wine bottles graces another wall and a long tasting bar spans one side of the room. For those who prefer to sit while tasting, comfortable chairs and couches are thoughtfully placed around the room. There is a beautiful private tasting salon located just off the tasting room, set up especially for larger group tasting experiences. The whole tasting room doubles as an art gallery, with amazing art displayed throughout.
Family-Owned and Sustainably Farmed
Rutherford Ranch Winery has been owned and operated by the same family for three generations. After all this time, they are still very active in all aspects of their winery’s business. They are particularly proud of how they farm their 300 acres with certified organic, sustainable farming methods. In fact, Rutherford Ranch Winery was named “Sustainable Winery of the Year” in 2017.
Delicious Wine and Food Pairing, Too!
The wines of Rutherford Ranch Winery reflect their famous zip code and the meticulous farming and winemaking that go into crafting them. Rutherford Ranch Winery specializes in Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Sauvignon blends, but they also make some amazing Chardonnay, Merlot, Zinfandel and Sauvignon Blanc and Rosé as well. In fact, the 2018 Reserve Rosé is being featured in the tasting room right now! Here are some of the delicious options you may experience while visiting:
- Wine & Chocolate Pairing – The wine and chocolate pairing allows guests to challenge their taste buds, learn how food and wine pair together, and of course, sweeten up their vacation! A selection of four wines, rotated seasonally paired with local, handmade chocolate from Napa. $45 per person
- Estate Tasting – Taste through three exceptionally crafted estate grown, single vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon and red blend. $50 per person
- Winemaker’s Featured Flight – A selection chosen by our winemaker and his team! This flight will change often, depending on Jay Turnipseed’s preferred wines of the day. $40 per person
- Vine to Glass Experience – Explore from grapes to glass! Walking tour of the estate Abela Vineyard, learn about the background of terroir, trellising, elevation and aspect of soil types, then into the cellar to barrel taste and learn about how the wines are made. The last stop is a 100-year-old Olive Grove for the final tasting of Estate wines.
Available Friday-Tuesday at 10:30 a.m., 1 and 3 p.m., by prior appointment, $75 per person.
- Lunch Options – For those feeling hungry as well as thirsty, guests are invited to enjoy a wine tasting and delicious Bouchon boxed lunch or an Ambient lunch, while visiting the winery. 48 hours advanced notice is required.