Parrish Family Vineyard Tasting Room
Visiting Paso Robles? Don’t pass up a chance to visit the Parrish Family Vineyard tasting room, just a block away from the park, in downtown Paso Robles. You’ll be warmly greeted by Lynlee Hughes (assistant tasting room manager) and, if not in the vineyard or winery, you may find David Parrish stepping from behind the tasting bar to pour, sip and chat with you. This inviting, comfortable, tasting room is a perfect atmosphere to enjoy delectable awards winning wines from this boutique winemaker. Sit and sip at the tasting bar, in the corner lounge, or table, or take a seat out on the patio during a Paso perfect day.
There are several options for tasting:
The standard wine tasting menu consists of seven wines. For an additional charge, you may enhance your tasting experience with any of the following:
• Cheese pairing prepared by Vivant Fine Cheese of Paso Robles. Each cheese perfectly paired with the individual wines.
• Chocolate pairing by The Chocolate Stache. Unique, handmade chocolates, paired with your wines, are guaranteed to make your salivary glands work over time.
• Cheese and Charcuterie platter by Fromagerie Sophie of San Luis Obispo. Nothing will sate your appetite better and bring out the best in the wines, than a gourmet platter of cheeses and cured meats prepared by Fromagerie Sophie of San Luis Obispo.
Quality and consistency is the hallmark of Parrish Family Vineyard. Recent honors include:
• San Francisco International Wine Competition: 2014 Silken (92 points, Gold Medal).
• San Francisco International Wine Competition: 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon (Silver Medal).
• Wine Enthusiast: 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon, Clone 6 (94 points).
• The Tasting Panel: 2012 Reserve Silken (97 points).
Experience the Parrish Difference
You will feel as part of the family, enjoying your experience at this delightfully friendly, tasting venue. For the full Parrish experience, join the wine club, and avail yourself to regular shipments (including the hard to procure Parrish Flagship Silken, a tantalizing blend of Cabernet Sauvignon and Petite Sirah). As a club member, you will be offered special wines, discounts and events, but member or not, you will always be treated as family at this inviting Paso Robles tasting room.
The tasting room is open Sunday 1 p.m. to 6 p.m., Monday and Thursday from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., and Friday, Saturday from 1 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. For groups of 6-10 call ahead for reservations. They are located at 1220 Park Street in Paso Robles.
The tasting room will be moving to their Adelaida Vineyard location in early 2018! Be certain to check their website (www.parrishvineyard.com) often for details on this exciting news, or call (805) 286-4028.>> Don Sonderling